Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Happy 23rd Birthday to me!

*Note my birthday is June 15 and I am just really really late writing this :)

 Why not get up early on your birthday and run a 5k?!

 I got Corinne to run it with me :) She helped me get out of bed and motivated to warm up before the race.
 Ashley is a new friend of mine and I wonder sometimes where she has been all my life! We are so similar sometimes it is scary, but I owe having such a great birthday to her! Thanks Ashley! She also ran with me the whole race and kept me going so I wouldn't stop or walk. She is training for a marathon so she probably could have run a lot faster but she didn't, instead she stayed with me til the end! I just love her!



After the race my second family took me to breakfast at the best place ever...IHOP!! It was a great reward for running. 

Then after taking a little nap, Ashley and I hit the lake to do some kayaking. We paddled around for a while enjoying talking and basking in the sun. This awesome person then took me for lunch as a local little restaurant where we stayed for a couple hours and talked some more. Oh how I love my kayaking!

I just had to take a picture of this so I could remember how awesome my friend Mitchell is! I laughed so hard after reading this. What a quality friend! And yes he did come up with this on his own. 

Later a group of 10 of my friends got together and what other place would I go eat than to Buffalo Wild Wings for my birthday! It was fun and I got a free slice of chocolate cake. Afterwards we headed over to the South Jordan fair where I got my fresh squeezed lemonade just in time to watch some awesome fireworks. 




I am not one to make a big deal out of my birthday. Last year I was in Ecuador which was fun but also weird. Then so many years before that I usually worked. This seemed like the first birthday in a while I got to spend doing things I love with some people that I have come to care about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment