Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Birthday Tradition

I don't write this to brag or because I think I am such a do gooder, but this is something that I have been doing for a few years now and no one has really known about it. A long time ago I read an article or a blog somewhere about a lady that spent her birthday doing service for other people. She did as many acts of service as years old she was. She also enlisted her children's help and they loved it. So I figured it would be fun and I would try it out. I have been doing it 3 years and I absolutely love it. Even though it is my birthday I love making other people feel special too. I have already started thinking of what to do for next year!

I am not going to tell you all 23 things that I did, but here are a few....


I made cookies for the mailman. I also owed him some money for postage and I forgot about so I left some interest too.
 I also took some cookies and water to my friends down at the boat docks who rent me a kayak everyday. 

 I went through my closet and donated clothing to a special needs group.

I left flowers and a card for a friend. Needless to say she figured out it was me in about a week. But it was still fun. 
I left random happy notes on people's windshields.
Collected stray carts in the parking lot and put them in the cart return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment