Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Dreams Coming True

 For my 22nd birthday I treated myself to the best birthday present I could ever ask for. I bought myself NEW TEETH! This is something that I have dreamed about for years. The history behind it is simple...I never got my adult teeth after the baby teeth fell out. Sometimes I like to make up storied about getting in intense fights or punched by a baby, but the boring truth is that I just never got them. After I got my braces off in about 6th grade I have been wearing a retainer with fake teeth in it called a flipper. I wore the same one all the way until my senior year of college when I broke a tooth off the day before my student teaching interview. It was a complete nightmare but I survived it.  I got a new flipper that summer and this one didn't last as long breaking right before my spring break trip to Hawaii. So this time I did it right and got a beautiful bridge. 


This is with my second flipper in with my tooth super glued in. I was not a huge fan of this one but it did the job.

I took 3 trips to the dentist and almost 5 hours in the chair but I left the dentist with a huge smile on my face telling Dr. Alvord how much I loved him and coming to the dentist. Him and all the dental hygienists laughed because they never hear that, so I told them over and over again while I was there. It feels so weird to have my mouth so open and free but it is AMAZING! I may never stop smiling again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment