Saturday, March 9, 2013

School update

Good days do happen but they seem to be few and far between. I come home everyday physically, mentally, and emotionally drained. These are just some thoughts and experiences that are kind of jumbled of things that have been happening lately....

To start the phantom pooper has been caught! No more turds have been found around my room in the last month as I know have them on a potty schedule. I happy day that my room no longer stinks!

We do yoga in my room twice a day to try and calm down an relax emotional children. Somedays it turns into a dance party with random songs like Banana Phone. And sometimes we focus so much on our breathing I feel like they concentrate so much, they forget to breathe and are going to pass out. 

I have 2 boys that think it is funny to run away by slipping out of the classroom or randomly leaving line in the hall. Luckily I the smarter one and they always go to the same places. I know to always look behind or in garbage cans and in the bathrooms.

Defiance is a word that I knew but never experienced. I now very clearly know children that feel entitled to whatever they want. Most likely parents are giving them everything so they don't have to put up with their children's attitude, but guess what I don't give in and then my kiddos hate me for it. I am not sure if teaching me to not want to be a parent or just make me know what I will pound into my children's heads so they dont act like these children.

Just this week, 2 of my more normal children I found sobbing. When asking them what was wrong they both replied that they were hungry and other kids were tormenting them by talking about food. That makes me heart hurt and luckily I keep lots of goldfish in my classroom and oranges.

Girl going to the bathroom during computer lab, and like always i tell her to hurry. She has been gone for a long time, so me being the teacher who loses children a lot, goes to find her.
As I round the corner to the bathroom she is coming out. As soon as she sees me she drops to her knees and starts sobbing because she knows that because I had to go looking she took to long. She kept apologizing an I told her I was not mad, just wanted to make sure she was okay. She continues to sob for about 10 minutes about the issue. All I could do was laugh.

This is how's kiddos play tag: whoever is it, the rest of the kids mob them so they can be it. Instead of 1 chasing 20, my class looks like 20 chasing 1. All I do is laugh.

I put on a song for them to dance to and it was banana phone, what do my kids do... Gagnam style around the room. All I do is laugh.

A social worker teaches social skills once a week. As the time was winding down, my kids get upset and 1 is in a corner under a desk and 2 are under the coat rack crying. All I do is laugh.

At any given time there are 6 ticking time bombs in my class that you never know what will set them off and make them freak out or cry or flip over chairs or start stabbing something. All I do is laugh.

My children love to tell me stories and have good advice...
*Don't ever go in an alligator swamp drunk!
*My dad is in control of nature so he kills llamas whenever he wants.
*There was a dragon under my bed last night.
*This one time I flew to the moon.
*I know George Washington
*What do you get if you mix a frog and a toad? A froad!

No comments:

Post a Comment