Saturday, March 9, 2013

Life is like the search for a pair of pants

I don't know if I can do this but I am going to compare my life to a pair of pants....

At the beginning of the school year I noticed a teacher that wore a really great pair of gray dress pants and thought they looked great and super comfortable. I decided I wanted to find myself a pair that I could wear to school. That was in September, and until about a month ago I was looking everywhere for a pair of pants like those. I am not a huge shopper but when I would go out I never forgot to look, and never found any.

Well here is where to story gets good. As soon as I consciously thought about not looking for these pants anymore, not 2 weeks later I found the perfect pair. Not only were they the right size and length, because that never happens with my body, BUT they were only $4!

I realized that there are things in my life that I may be searching or trying too hard to find and I am not finding it. Maybe if I stop looking and allow the Lord to direct me, then I will find what I am ultimately looking for, and not just what I am looking for but the perfect one for me that fits perfectly in all the right places.

No comments:

Post a Comment