Friday, December 14, 2012

Student Update

Sometimes I am really frustrated still with my students because they can be such brats. But I had my first student move away with no warning. I felt so sad that he was no longer going to be coming to my class anymore. Then it happened again with another little move who already moved once this year. These kids need stable homes and places to go home to that is constant. So many of them don't have good homes to begin with. So on the rug today I had all my children sit down and I told them how much I actually did care for them and like them. I had just been gone away to trainings for 2 days so they were really happy to have me back. Just in case tomorrow another one decided to move away without telling me.

A child leaving the classroom the other day said, "goodbye ya old woman!" "Just so you know I am the youngest teacher in this school!" "You mean they get older than YOU?" HAHA I was busting out laughing

Me telling my children  I won't be going home to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving. 2 days later we were painting turkeys and a boy came up to me with 3 other boys. He had painted his feathers black and yellow. They showed it to me and all started singing black and yellow! I busted out laughing.


I am going to keep this one all positive about my class, because there are things still happening that are frustrating and interesting but I will save those for another day. Many days these are the small things I have to remember because a lot of my children are very frustrating but I do love them and I really knew that when I started losing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment