Friday, June 1, 2012

Lingard Resort

I have mentioned before that while here in Utah I am living with friends that I first met in Pennsylvania. I went to church with them there and when I moved to Idaho to go to school, they moved to Utah around the same time. All of the vacations that I could not go home for while at school were spent at the Lingard's. They are an amazing family. And despite what they think I am not writing a book about them. Families are families no matter where you go or who you are. People fight, yell, love, hug, talk, ect in no matter what home I have gone into. The only idea of a perfect family is one with perfect love. That is what I have learned over the years. If there is love in the home anything is possible and anything can happen. But the reason for writing this is because I have learned something about myself and my future as I have known and lived with the Lingard's. I want my future home to be a place where people think they can come and have fun and hang out or feel safe. I love the people that come in and out of this home on a daily or weekly basis. Sometimes I come home and there are 7 cars in the driveway. Last weekend we had 10 people staying at the house on Friday night. It is like a constant party!

 There is family over, or friends or neighbors, sometimes even people they know from out of state! I call it the resort because the Lingards are so willing to take anyone if they need a place to stay. They have a nice house with lots of room now that only 1 of their children is living at home. I had a friend who was going on a mission and flew out to Utah by herself and the Lingards graciously accepted her into their home for the night and took her to the MTC the next day which is about a 30 minute drive one way. They did not have to do this because they barely knew my friend, but because I asked and they are so kind they did it. This same thing occurs often as people stay before an early flight at the SLC airport.

People come and people go but it is the memories that last forever!



1 comment: