Monday, April 23, 2012

This is who I am, and what I believe

I love facebook and some of the things that spread because of it. I can not pass up the opportunity to share 3 articles that I read today. Living in Utah I don't get that many questions about what a Mormon is or what I believe because people are either Mormon or they have lived here long enough to know who we are and what we believe.

As a Mormon, or a member of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we have many standards or beliefs that seem funny or ridiculous to others. When asking about my religion you can ask me whatever you want and I will try and answer them, but please do not criticize what you don't know about. Countless times I have felt sad how harsh and mean people can be. I do not make fun of or put down any religion but respect those for what they believe. I ask the same of you.

If you want please take a few minutes and read these articles to gain a better understanding of some things that I believe. They are brought up more and more because people do not know what to think of Mitt Romney as he is running for president. He is being criticized for anything people don't understand, well then take the time to understand if you want. There are many more out there and you can find all those ones who put us down and put in their own opinions of what they don't know, but reading these I can tell you I see the truth in them from someone who has lived this religion my whole (almost 22) years of life. If you have more questions ask anything you want.

Mitt Romney - This only happens after going through the temple and making certain covenants with God

Mormon Temple - This also describes why someday I will be married in the temple and not everyone that I love will be able to come as well.

Serving- In our church we emphasize serving a lot in day to day life and in major events when ever and where ever we are needed. This is nothing new to our church, it is how we are taught to live.

Salt Lake City Temple






Rexburg Temple
 

2 comments:

  1. question pick me! what temple do you want to get married in? still DC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DC would be awesome but it doesn't really matter to me anymore, as long as you are there!

      Delete