Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter Weekend

I have forgotten to write about the rest of the weekend with my family after graduation! It was so much fun I had a hard time letting them go back home. Saturday morning we got up early again and headed down to Moab for some more family fun. It was a fun drive for my family as they watched the mountains go by and then turn into long open fields and then red rock.

Saturday we spent the day at Canyonland's National Park and Dead Horse Point State Park. Both of them were really neat to see and I was glad to see something new. It was nice to be able to walk around after being in the car so long. We also got to be adventurous and  explore over rocks. Each time we looked over another canyon it was awesome to look at everyone's faces because it was pure awe for what we were looking at.


Sunday we spent the whole day at Arches National Park. I have been here a few other times, but I still love it each visit. After being in Rexburg on Friday and it snowing Sunday was a nice and 80 degree day. We all forgot our sunscreen..whoops! We were expecting to get burnt, and that we did! We hiked to Delicate Arch, Landscape Arch, Windows, Balanced Arch, and a few other small ones. We survived but it was a good thing that we had our water with us! :) It was nice at one point to sit looking at everything around me and speculate on the beautiful Easter Sunday and think of all the Lord has done for me. His atoning sacrifice is the greatest gift we could have been given. Even though I didn't spend that day at church, He was still in my thoughts and it couldn't have been better day to be spending with my family!



The beauty of the earth is so amazing and I am so grateful for the world the Lord has created for us!

I have some great memories from this weekend and here is a recap:
Nick and Kevin actually taking pictures because they love the mountains, canyons, and arches.
Kevin "I love Salt Lake City, it smells like bacon!"
Us all making fun of mom for all the water she had us take....we drank 2 cases in 2 days :)
The old man laughing at me taking a picture of our behinds
Throwing rocks off the canyons and trying to listen to them land
Pretend you are on the Titanic
We are hungry!
Drunk waitress
Mom: This is the best parking garage ever! I'm going to take a picture
The 5 year old tour guide, he was adorable and so serious!
The water cap that sat on the back of my Jeep almost the whole time
Kevin: I am looking for wildlife
Nick: I want to see a tumble weed tumbling!
Dad: Who would have thought we would be sitting on Easter Sunday eating at Pizza Hut?!



Just saying: I LOVE MY FAMILY, THANK YOU FOR COMING TO SEE ME!  BEST WEEKEND EVER! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment