Monday, March 19, 2012

The Weekend

Do you remember TGIF! Everyone used to say that when I was growing up. And that was the night that everything good was on TV. Friday's were the best because of those things, and being out of school for a few days. The same is still true all these years later as we look forward to the upcoming weekend and the new adventures! RECAP of my weekend.

Friday- I left school and quickly headed home as Corinne was getting ready for prom and I did not want to miss this! Kayla came over to do her hair and makeup and DANG did she look good! Cori's dress was beautiful, her hair, her makeup, her nails, her shoes, her date all looked good! They were so stinkin cute together. Afterwards Clay, Kayla, and I went to see This Means War and Reese Witherspoon is one of my favorite actresses and she did equally well in this movie. We were laughing, oh and I want her job in the movie! And can you go wrong with Reese, Chris Pine and his beautiful blue eyes, and a man with a British accent! Like seriously it was bound to be a great movie.
While we were watching the movie these girls down in the front were standing up doing cartwheels across the floor, it was so weird! Then I went to a birthday party for these wonderful women in my ward Katie and Meagan. It was a good time!

 My new friend Jessica and I. We explored the house together and talked most of the night!

Saturday- I slept in for a little while and then went shopping with Cori. She is intense to shop with usually but being the night after prom she didn't get much sleep and kept comparing it to Black Friday. But to me this was nothing like a Black Friday with this girl, She is usually the crazy one while I am lagging behind dead tired! ANYWAY...later we went down to Clay and Kayla's to eat some ANTELOPE! Yep that's right I ate antelope stew and it was so good! And Kayla made salad and some french bread and YUMMY cream sodas! I loved all of it! We decided to make it a kids only night (by kids I mean younger than 49) :) It was obviously Clay, Kayla, cute baby Cody, Corinne, Eric, Jake and myself and things can get pretty awesome with this bunch of people! When we were done eating the question came up of what to do next? I don't even know how it happened but all of a sudden Kayla was calling a babysitter and the plan was to go to Jump On It.

This is a place full of trampolines and foam pits and slides and rock walls to pretty much be a big kid and get out lots of energy for as long as you want. I was pretty excited to go because I have heard so much about it and have wanted to go. We bounced around between trampolines for a while and the pain started coming once we decided to do a race.
#1 There was a big block of wood in the middle for people to sit on and you can jump off of it and do crazy stuff. We decided to start there and bounce to the wall and back to the block. I was doing so well when someone threw off my bounce and I skidded across the trampoline and my face went into the wood block. It hurt but all I could do was laugh at how ridiculous I must have looked. And I was right as I looked up at all my friend laughing at me! 

#2 A little while later I decided to run across a few of the tramps and bounce off one of the wall trampolines. As I looked around my coast was clear but out of no where this kid comes and runs his legs into my head in midair! And then he landed on my face! OUCH. This one I was not laughing so much but it caused a good headache for a while. 

#3 I sat and watched for a while Eric and Jake doing back flips. They make it look so easy. I wanted to try but obviously this was not going to go well. Eric showed Cori and I how to bounce on our backs and then flip real quick, it was so much easier. Welp I didn't flip fast enough and landed on my neck. I would have to say I was actually pretty scared with the crack that I heard, but I guess my neck needed a good crackin. That one hurt alot as I laid there not wanting to move, that is when I realized my mouth was full of blood! When I landed on my head I bit my lip REAL hard. I had a nice fat bleeding lip. I went and got a paper towel and as I looked in the mirror I had 4 distinct teeth marks in my lip. As I sat on my block of wood taking yet another break, holding my towel hoping the bleeding will stop all Jake can do is stand there and laugh! He says it is because he was thinking of all the times he did that before getting it down. I'm still not sure if I believe him or comparing me to the 12 year old who was also holding a towel on his bleeding lip.  

#4 I was going to try and run into the wall trampoline again and bounce off of it, but for some reason I didn't bounce as far out as I would have liked and I landed hard on the metal bar separating the trampolines! I'll tell you what I could not catch a break all night!
JUMP ON IT
Sunday-The Penguins game was on national TV! This was the most exciting thing that has happened! I love watching hockey games but they don't like hockey here in the west or at least in Utah. :( It makes me so very sad. Even though they lost for the first time in 12 games, I still loved seeing the Black and Yellow skate back and forth on the ice. I got to see some fight, and even overtime. I wish it would have gone into a shoot out, and they were so close, but oh well. Then it was a Harry Potter weekend on ABC family so I watched 3 of them on and off while rereading the first Hunger Games book preparing for THURSDAY NIGHT!



No comments:

Post a Comment