Monday, March 19, 2012

Random Fact #1

I wanted to start writing some random facts about myself and someone the other day asked me what I was most afraid of. So I thought this would be an interesting first fact about Megan. I don't like to think of myself as a really scared person but some things that really just give me the heebie jeebies are the following and yes I did look up the technical term because at school the other day we were looking up what the name of being afraid of going outside was because we were encountering that problem at school.


1. Nosocomephobia- Fear of hospitals-The smell. Sick people. People die. Angry overworked nurses and doctors. Patients or parents constantly placing blame and being angry as to why they are there. The ridiculous cost and bills that come from even a few hours there help or no help. And for me the list goes on, and yes I do understand that hospitals help people all the time as well. And do not ask me what is going to happen when I have a baby, because I will think about it when the time comes which is not now so why stress out.

2. Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns. CREEPY. Fake Faces. Weird clothes. Giant Shoes. WAY to happy all the time. I had one follow me and scare the daylights out of me. The ones that walk around Idlewild for a week during the summer love to come and find me as I have had team members send them my way. 

3. Brontophobia- Fear of thunder and lightning. I grew up near Johnstown PA where the giant flood happened in 1889. In third or fourth grade we took a field trip to the museum and I haven't been the same since. A movie that we watched flashed through my mind all the time. It is of great thunder and lighting and pouring rain and all of a sudden a huge gush of water comes in through a window where a sweet little girl is innocently playing with her doll house and washes her away and then they show the doll floating in the water. Obviously meaning the girl drowned! How awful for me. And thunder comes out of no where like a balloon pooping, instantly there is a loud crack and causes me to jump! And I also have this fear at night when I am sleeping. I have a window right next to my bed and at the end of my bed is a dresser with a mirror facing my bed. Laying in bed i can look in the mirror and see out my window. I have had multiple dream that during a thunderstorm I wake up and open my eyes and lightning flashes and a clown is in my window!

4. Pharmacophobia- Fear of taking medicine. Who knows what the long term side effects for those things are! And the short term for that matter!

5. Claustrophobia- Fear of confined spaces. Just not cool to be squeezed in a small space.

These were some on the list that have real names and people really live with. I cant believe it but they made me laugh the most. The list goes on and on for pages and includes almost anything you can think of, it is a bit ridiculous, but who am I to judge?
  • Fear of hearing good news
  • Fear of laughter
  • Fear of chins, knees
  • Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words (really?!)
  • Fear of Sitting down
  • Fear of The color white
  • Fear of The figure 8
  • Fear of Bald people
  • Fear of thinking (how do you avoid this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment