Friday, March 9, 2012

"The love of a family is life;s greatest blessing"

I have been thinking a lot about my family today. I got the chance to talk to my Grandma and Pappap as well as my mom today. I am so grateful for the family that I have and the influence they have had on me growing up. Not just for my immediate family but for my extended family and the ones that I saw very often growing up.


To my family:
Dad- You have taught me so much in this life in how to be a good person and a successful person. I know for sure that if I could pick one thing that meant the most to me that you taught me was the value of hard work. Never have I met a harder worker than my dad, (except his dad who he learned it from first). Whether it was running his own business of building amazing cabinets or doing work around the house, it was our motto to never do your best because if you only do something half way you are going to have to finish it eventually or someone else will and that is not cool.

Mom- You have chosen to raise me in a church that I love and owe my life to. You have been a wonderful example of a loving mother and someone that I want to be when I am a mom. I never remember you using harsh words (although you had perfect children :)) but always love. You looked out for me and I am grateful that growing up you were able to trust me and not have to worry so much about me.

Nick and Kevin- To the brothers that I have loved my whole life and will continue to love always. You guys have been some of my best friends and I think that is how it should be with your siblings, you are stuck with them forever. But I am lucky to be stuck with some pretty great guys. I love the memories of vacations, parties, family time, and just sitting around talking and telling stories. We always have so much to laugh about and that is part of makes being with you so happy! May all your dreams come true :) we love you Joe Winkle

Grandma and Pappap- You want to talk about the best grandparents in the world and well I win! They come bike riding in the summer with us, Eatin Park breakfast :), Grandma texts us and latch hooks amazing rugs! OH and they make the best cards ever! They are just the funnest grandparents and we always have a good time when we are together. Some of my favorite memories are when we go to their house with the rest of the family or just Uncle Ed and Aunt Beth. There is never a dull moment. I have seen Grandma be sick and really down in her mood, it was hard to see her like that but she bounced back and gave meaning to living life to the fullest every day. I have also seen Pappap sick but he is a fighter too and can get through anything. I love both of them dearly and it is hard being so far away but thank goodness for technology and the ability we have to skype and talk on the phone!


Uncle Ed and Aunt Beth- I know you arent supposed to have favorites but lets be honest I spent a lot of time with these guys growing up with them living the closest to us, and well they take the prize on that one. Aunt Beth is an amazing cook, I love her nut roll and cucumber sandwiches the best but lets be honest everything is good that she makes (unless it is something that I am picky about like asparagus) She is also the cat lady but she isn't crazy! I don't even know how many cats they have but my dad built a 2  story cat house for them and they are always hanging around and having babies it seems like. She is so caring to everyone and everything. Uncle Ed is pretty much the coolest guy I know, and the funniest. I don't know if I ever told him this but ever since I was little and when I would get scared I would close my eyes and for some reason a picture of Uncle Ed eating a doughnut with pink frosting and jimmy's would pop into my head. I dont know where it ever came from but I still have that picture in my head when I am scared.

Rachel: My favorite crazy cousin! Maybe because she is only a year older so we have grown up together but we have been close ever since we were young. She is now even crazier by planning a wedding in September and asking me to be a bridesmaid! I dont know if I can express how happy I am for her. Josh is a pretty ok guy :) not sarcastic! haha I like him so far.

Heather, Mike, Dan, Bucky, Toot, Matthew, Leo, Molly and Marcus: Heather is a college professor and soon to be mom, how cool is that?! Mike and Dan are awesome enough to be in the military and serving their country I am so proud of them and thankful for their service. Bucky and Toot (not real names but who in our family really knows their real names lol), they think they are tough guys and it cracks me up. Although they are pretty tough and I would not mess with them. Toot has had a few broken noses and his jaw wired shut lol Matthew is a pretty legit hockey goalie, can I just say our family LOVES hockey! And if I am being perfectly honest I dont know much about Leo, Molly and Marcus. I have not seen them in years.

Aunt Faith, Uncle Tom and Uncle Ken: The rest of the family from my dad's side. Faith and Tom live in Ohio and we see them a couple times a year but not as much as Uncle Ed and Beth. Uncle Ken lives in Michigan so we see him even less. One time I went and stayed with them and it was the big power plant explosion that took the east coast from having power for 3 days, yea I was in Michigan at that time dying in the heat. Like I have said before no matter how much I see or don't see my family I love them dearly and know that they are there to support me.
Amazing family vacation at Cedar Point!

No comments:

Post a Comment