Monday, February 20, 2012

Lat semester at school Fall 2011


I wanted to write about some of the awesome people that I met and fun times I had during my last semester at college. These are some of the memories that I want to remember for the rest of forever! I wish I could include everything funny that happened but that would not be possible because with this group that was like every 5 minutes!

Have I mentioned that I had some crazy roommates my last semester at BYU-Idaho! Up until this point I had lived with most of the same girls because we had become such good friends. I loved living with Erika, Erin, Jenny, Megan, Rosana, Maria, and Tricia. Over time these ladies became good friends to me. Through missions, graduating, and moving my last semester I had to start almost completely over. It was hard for me but I still at least had Tricia to make me feel comfortable. So Fall 2011 I had to move in with 4 new roommates and I begged my apartment manager to not put me with any freshman girls. She was considerate of my request and found the 4 craziest girls I have met and stuck me with them. At first I was worried because Kamala, Ashley, and Sarah all knew each other and I was afraid that they might be clicky and not want to make friends with the rest of us. And then there was Laura who I had spent a semester working with in the Toddler Lab on campus. Overall I would say that we became friends rather quickly and it was great to have such a nice apartment full of girls. We ended up getting along great, I don't think there was a fight ever in our apartment or much contention either, and everyone helped out and did their part.

Here is a recap of the semester...


 Bonfire out at the Sand Dunes: Bonfire built with Martin's awesome skills. We enjoyed lovely s'mores (my favorite). We also ventured out to a sand hill and went jumping. It is a lot more fun than it sounds. I had a hard time sticking in the sand and rolled down and down the steep hill! We had sand everywhere. It also was a beautiful clear night to look and enjoy the stars.



Temple to Temple Relay: We decided to be crazies and run a 38 mile relay race. From the Rexburg Temple to the Idaho Falls Temple. Luckily the weather turned out to be nice and it was a very fun day spent getting to know my new roomies better.There were supposed to be 8 of us but one of the guys bailed out and we had to split up his leg of the race and we all ran an extra mile. I didn't think I could do it but luckily I had a team relying on me so I ran the whole time even when I felt like my legs wouldn't carry me any farther.





 One day I had to go on a home visit with one of my preschoolers. While there his dad was trying to get rid of this painting. He could not throw it away because his friend's mom had painted it, but his wife no longer wanted it in the house. So I took it and figured it could hang in my apartment and add some color. My roommates enjoy it and we make up all kinds of stories about it.


 Sarah rented a tandem bike for the weekend and we enjoyed playing around on it. I think the only ones to crash were Tricia and I :)





 Tricia and I were both to short to get on by ourselves :( Laura had to hold the bike and push when we got on. It is a no wonder we crashed into a small tree.
 Crazy fits us better than normal, because normal is something these girls are not!
 Laura's middle name is careful. She was the only one that really wanted to wear the helmet.
 So there was this sale on Oreo's after Halloween.....the last package was successfully finished last week on February 13. Sarah got us all hooked on Oreo's throughout the semester. But we also made a few batches of Truffles which my roommates loved!




 Kamala always threatens to stick a curling iron up your nose! Better watch out for her.
 Ugly Christmas sweater party! We had a talent show and we sang Alvin the Chipmunk Christmas song...with helium balloons. It was alot of fun! Ashley lost her balloon before the song even started but she made up for it by dancing during the instrumental part in the middle of the song.
 The right-handers in the apartment.
 The left-handers in the apartment. We segregate when eating together so no one is bumping each other.
I have wanted to ride in the school sponsored rodeo for a couple of years now but they only have it on certain semesters and I kept missing it. Well this year I did not miss it and while I was terrified to sign up I got in the day before the Rexburg Rodeo. This will be something that I definitely don't forget for a long time. I have friends Ryan and Branden that I first saw participate a few years ago. They helped me a lot by preparing myself mentally. Branden gave me tips on how to stay on longer and what to do when I fell off. I will say that it helped calm my nerves a little but not that I remembered any of it when it came time. I didn't last very long and when I fell off I smashed my head into the ground (I was wearing a helmet) and I fell on my right side which felt like I had broken ribs but mainly the wind was knocked out of me. It was a once in a lifetime experience.




I am reminded of all these good times as I went to visit Tricia, Laura, Ashley, and Kamala this weekend! You sure did make it a memorable last semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment