Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Area

While I have been here in Utah for 3 weeks, this was only my 2nd Sunday in my new singles ward. It has been hard for me to move to a new area where I don't know anyone (besides the Lingards). I remember the feeling when I moved out to Rexburg to start college and I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I started with 2 suitcases and a box that I shipped from home, and now when I move my Jeep is full of stuff! While I was excited to start college in a new part of the country I was freaking out, how was I going to be away from my friends and family, was I going to make any friends, was this the best college for me?? Needless to say it was the best choice I made to attend BYUI, I did make many friends that I hope to have for the rest of forever, and while I miss my family and friends in PA I talk on the phone, skype, text, and go back and visit. So while I am still afraid of living in Utah I know that in a few years I will look back and see how far I have come.

Today in my new ward I met some mew people and everyone is so nice. Many people have come up to me and said "I have never seen you before?" Wow you are so observant! I love telling people that I am from Pennsylvania and the look they give me is priceless. Many of them expect me to say I am from somewhere here in Utah but nope I am from back east. Then they just want to know my whole life story and how I ended up here in South Jordan. (I am one of those people who promised myself I would never live in Utah....not for long anyway) If I am being honest with you and myself, I am here to student teach, find me a nice Mormon man, get married eventually and then move out of this state. But that is my plan as of now, I know the Lord will let me know His plan for me as I go on my journey.

Overall my experience was a good one today...so we will see how this semester goes.

Happy Sunday to everyone, and Good Luck Patriots and Giants! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment