Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Service to others

1. Why do we need to continually work on being worthy to fulfill church callings and to help build Zion?

If we are living our lives faithfully so that we are worthy to fulfill church callings then most likely we are on the right path for obtaining celestial glory. We need to try and strive to be perfect so that if we were to die at this very moment we would be prepared to meet our Heavenly Father in the next life. We never know when our end is and we should not, “eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die.” Living worthily is of utmost importance in our earthly life.

If we are living worthy we can aide in building up those around me. We are more in tuned with the spirit and can be an instrument for the Lord to work through us to help his other children. I am a strong believer in service and in serving others. I know that Heavenly Father sends the Spirit to me with ways to help and life his children and be a comfort to them. I believe that that is one of the great gifts my Father gave to me as I can relate with many circumstances and feel that empathy and sympathy that many are searching for.

2. What happens to even the very elect if we withhold our time, talents, and resources?

We can lose out on many opportunities for teaching and converting people to the church. I know that when members withhold and opportunities are lost those people will have chances to learn again, they are not given up on. Heavenly Father wants all of his children to hear his word and be converted back to him. He will try everything he can to get them to know and learn of him. It also hinders us and our Christ like development if we are withholding because we cannot grow as the Lord would have us grow.

I believe that we need to take every opportunity to be examples to others or take the time to teach if they are willing to listen. If we live worthily many great blessings can come to us and to others. I have a testimony of these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment