Thursday, November 3, 2011

Look to the temple

"I invite the Latter-day Saints to look to the temple of the Lord as the great symbol of your membership. Let us be a temple-attending people." Howard W Hunter

How can we look to the temple as a symbol? This may not be the symbol they are looking for but when I ponder the question I think of the talk given by a member of the church given at general conference. He spoke on never being lost if you are in the view of the temple. The temple is a light that can lead and guide you anytime or anywhere. I love the fact that no matter what the temple is illuminated and can be seen for miles away. This to me also means that if you are living your life worthy and keeping temple ordinances then you will be guided in your life, even if you are in an area that you cannot view the temple always.

Growing up I did not live in an area where the temple was closer than 4 hours away. It was something that was not always on my mind because it was not close and was not often attended by my family or ward. But now living here in Rexburg I see the temple everyday and am reminded of how I should be living my life in keeping myself worthy to be able to go to the temple everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment