Thursday, October 27, 2011

Priesthood

I just want to start off by bearing my testimony on the power of the priesthood. I know it is real and I am so grateful it has been restored on the earth again. When you have grown up in home without it, and then experience the blessings that come from the priesthood, it really makes you feel like your missing something.Learning and memorizing in my Mission prep class was that the priesthood is the power and authority to act in the name of God. That is something that my teacher never wanted us to forget and I dont think I ever will. That statement is engraved in my memory.

In my patriarchal blessings it tells me of the important calls that will come by bearers of the holy priesthood. This has helped me look at my callings in a different way and knowing that they are directly from Heavenly father and part of his plan for me. Knowing that allows me to really take my callings seriously and discover the reasons why the Lord put me in this place at this time. The calling may be to benefit me but it also is fun to think about the other people you are serving while fulfilling your calling. When the spirit is guiding you and you know that the priesthood is backing you up it is fun to see the good that you can do!

Also what the priesthood means to me is the fact that I cannot be a holder of the priesthood but I can still enjoy the blessings of it. I know that Heavenly Father is a just God and would not create any power or authority that is not just. And while many find it offensive that only men can be holders, I find it a blessing that I can still participate in the blessings of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment