Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Team Kendyl


Have I ever stated how much I love coming from a small town, well I do! My good friend Ali died in October and left behind a little girl, Kendyl. Our little town on Ligonier hosted a basketball game of the merchants vs. 10 of the Steelers. All the money raised went to a college fund for Kendyl. They also had baskets to raffle off and pictures and autographs during half time. 

It would have been amazing to be at the game and be able to remember my friend and support her daughter. I had my mom go in my place and she said it was amazing!  Thank you Ligonier for the love of a town.


A quote from the Tribune about the event....
"Though the event will be one of animation, amusement, alliance and athletics, it will also serve as a final commemoration and recognition of how loss once again evolves into love. It will provide those that care most for Kendyl and Ali the opportunity to do one last thing for a friend and mother, who passed too soon."
Full article here



No comments:

Post a Comment