Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Doubt not, fear not

In the Latter Day Saints church we believe in paying a tithe to the church of 10% of our income. The Lord has given us everything and all he asks is 10% in return to help other people and build up the church. I have been paying this for years and have always heard stories how The Lord has blessed people in their time of need if they are full tithe payers. I have never been in a position that I could be one of those people until now. 

I'm not going to go through my whole financial history but recently with medical bills and doctor visits an other unexpected costs, I have run rather low in numbers. I wish I didn't have to worry about money but I do. 

Some time went by and I was getting lower and lower in money and I was stressing out more. I kept thinking in the back of my head, "is this where The Lord comes in to bless me? And if so where is he?" 

I should have remembered everything I've been taught that I should not fear. The Lord did pour out his blessings upon me throughout 3 days time...
Day 1- a friend that owed me money unexpectedly paid me back
Day 2- for whatever reason me school district has extra money and are usin it as a holiday bonus to teachers :)
Day 3- I am getting paid a small bonus in December for a leadership team I am on at school. 

The Lord is, and always will be, on my side and watching out for me. I need not fear, with him always near. I have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Cheist and the principles that I live like tithing and have been blessed for my obidience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment