Sunday, November 24, 2013

Climbing Mt. Timp

I never listed climbing a mountain on my bucket list but I think I should add it now after doing it. I have heard many people in Utah talk about Mt. Timpanogos or Mt Timp for short.  I thought it always sounded fun and would ask people to go and was always stunned that I couldn't find anyone to go with me...now I know why! The bishop of my ward wanted to go and we got a small group together that started at 1:52am so that we could reach the summit and watch the sunrise. I thought we were leaving a bit early but I wasn't going to argue so I went along with it. Well let me tell you that was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. The hike was very challenging and it took us exactly 5 hours to reach the summit, getting there at 6:52 right before sunrise. I didn't get any sleep that night and that wasn't helping but I was tired and sore and there were some points my body didn't want to go any further. I am actually still surprised I made it the whole way but I am so glad I did. I love nature and beauty in all things and that is exactly what I saw. Although it is good that we hiked up in complete darkness so that I never got discouraged by seeing to far ahead of me and wanting to give up.
Sometimes I think that is like life. If I knew my future or could see the road ahead I might get intimidated or scared and give up. But by just putting one foot in front of the other each day I can confidently go in the direction that I choose.



































No comments:

Post a Comment