Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Break- Friday

Day 7
Friday April 5
We were outside almost all the time on normal days but since we were driving around on mopeds all day I was even more exposed to the sun than normal...and you will see the effects it had on my later!

I was really excited for riding around on mopeds, but it was probably my least favorite thing we did, which isn't terrible considering everything was fantastic! But sometimes I don't even like driving in a car because it can be stressful. so I am not sure why I thought I would like even less security. It also didn't help for me that we were driving on a really busy road. Anyway besides the fact of me freaking out while driving we drove partially around the island and went to and Sandy's Beach. We had heard of if because of the awesome waves that are there and wanted to check it out. I will say the drive there along the coast was a beautiful view.

Doesn't the flag in the back scream tourist! And the fact that I am wearing a helmet because no one does, but I was too scared for my life!
We finally made it to Sandy's Beach and it was beautiful! After seeing the waves though I was convinced I was not going in. Luckily Charlotte talked me out of that idea and into the water. She let me warm up to the gigantic waves by working our way in and really we just had to get past breaking point and we were fine. I thought about trying to body surf but these waves were real rough and would have tossed me around A LOT! Usually I just ducked under them when heading toward us, Charlotte on the other hand got caught in one and got thrown to shore. I just continued to hang out in the water but before I knew it I was super far out from the beach. The cool thing about it was as I looked around there were 3 sea turtles around me. But I started freaking out and swam in as quick as I could and that took way too much effort against those waves. Charlotte was still recovering from hitting the beach hard so we decided to take a break, chill out in the sand at a point where the waves barely reached us, or so we thought. A couple times we were not prepared and got washed back out because of the force of the wave. We really just sat there and talked for a long time which was the main death of me I think. Luckily I had my surf shirt on so my shoulders and back did not get sunburnt at all! GO ME!
I love this picture above of us on the beach! And below Katie caught a girl body surfing perfectly! Can you find her head?!
The place was full of locals but we felt pretty good out there with them for a while, but they are used to this stuff.

This was a lookout we stopped at while riding along the coast! I love the beauty of Hawaii!
We also stopped at some tide pools to look for some wildlife. They were really neat looking.
Finally we headed over to the aquarium for our long awaited adventure of swimming with dolphins. Although when we got there we realized we weren't really swimming with them in the sense that you hold on and they take you for a ride. Really we just stood in the water and danced with them, kissed them, and they kissed us. Then watched them do some cool tricks and that was it. The whole thing really was still a lot of fun. And our dolphin was a movie star with Adam Sandler in 50 First Dates!





This is why you should wear pants riding around in Hawaii and probably not sit for an hour on the beach watching the waves. Looking back now I cringe in pain remembering what this felt like. Luckily enough time has gone by that I am only suffering from massive peeling now. My arms looked the same if not worse than this. Again I am grateful that I was wearing my surf shirt.  Can you tell I had my feet buried in the sand!

One of my main goals while in Hawaii was to see a sunset and sunrise. With all the running around we did everyday it was hard to catch either one. So after riding back into town to return our mopeds we made one last stop at the beach and popped a squat to watch the fantastic sunset. It was a Friday night and lots of boats were out to watch it as well.

This picture is definitely my favorite with the sailboats right by the sun! AH Nature is so beautiful!




No comments:

Post a Comment