Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sledding with Katie

  
I have a friend Katie Lee who doesn't like sports and won"t play them, but when it comes to winter outside activities she is so there! We have been sledding multiple times and ice skating a few as well. Not many of my friends here seem to enjoy either, or at least they don't come with us. Anyway the other day Katie texted me at school and said lets go sledding after school and of course I was so excited!


 (We love sledding)

This park is right outside of my house and the children did a good job at building jumps and leaving paths for us to utilize. The jumps I went off of were crazy and I got a lot of air and a couple hard landings but the best was the luge track. That's at least what we call it because it was almost all ice by the time we got there. We flew down this path and could make it about halfway back to my house, and that is real far for this sledding hill.

 Snow angels!

 Katie fell many times, the snow was very icy!
And this is Walter the greatest snowman ever built! Nilla wafers for buttons, oranges for eyes and mouth, ribbon for a sweet bowtie, and wrapping paper for headphones of earwarmers!


Oh and we are glad when the snow storm came and blew out the nasty air that was slowly killing everyone! It is nice to be able to see the mountains again!

No comments:

Post a Comment