Saturday, February 9, 2013

Date at Eight

I have been on a lot of dates lately, more than in the last 6 months! I will recap them real quick for you...

Date #1 Dinner and bowling with FunnyGuy. I have known him for a few years now so it was real relaxed and fun, and he could keep me laughing for hours. He warned me he had not been bowling in a long time and I think my bowling shoes intimidated him. The first game I won by a lot and the second I was winning again by a hefty margin but he ended the game with a turkey to come within 2 points of beating me! Then we went home and made some delicious desert of ice cream and chocolate chips cookies only partially baked! :) I learned he can play the uklalee like a champ and he has got some sweet dance moves.

(I was the 152!)

Date #2 Set up blind date with Texas. My friend Erika really wanted us to meet so we went out for breakfast on a double date. I am not real sure what I thought of him because I didn't really get to know him all that well. I may have been more interested in catching up with Erika and her new man that she is planning on marrying. I did learn that Texas is left handed and we did not bump elbows sitting by each other eating pancakes, that's always a good thing for me! He did make a real good choice of going to IHOP which is my favorite so props for that Texas!


Date #3 Picnic and the park with MusicDoctor. I know this guy from church and it was another double date which started with a picnic in his basement. After we played a card game Nertz which I am not so good at because you have to be doing a lot of things at one time. Then we decided to go to a park we had never been to but had heard of. Draper park is pretty legit if you are okay with things that spin! The first was a chair like thing you sit on and it spins faster and faster with your momentum. I had my legs out flying around and that did not help me at all and caused me to fly off the seat and land hard on the ground. (a week later I still have a hip that hurts!) We did have races to see who could spin for a certain amount of time and then run and climb up a slide and go down the other side...that was not easy! Last there was this "ride" if you can call it that, you sit inside and people spin you around and around!Once you get going it's not so bad but afterwards we all wanted to throw up! The whole drive home I thought I was going to be sick, but I made it home and took a long nap to shake off the nausea.

(This was the spinning ride of death!)

Date #4 Bowling with HolmesHome. I met him a couple of weeks ago and one night we were talking about things we like to do and bowling came up. So he decided to take me bowling to what he calls a ghetto bowling alley...this place is no where near some of the ghetto places I have been to. There was 42 lanes and it was awesome! He wasn't lying when he said he was alright. His highest of the 3 games was 159 and mine was 135. I came close to beating him one game and then he threw 4 strikes! But the first game I did beat him and a friend said that he did that on purpose and he made sure to let me know it was not on purpose and that no one really does that to make someone feel better. I agreed with that statement! I was also glad that I truly beat him and not because he wanted me to!

 They have all been fun but the test is now to see if any of them ask for a second time!

No comments:

Post a Comment