Saturday, January 12, 2013

Family time

Hanging out with the brothers!

 On my top 10 list of favorite things to do would be watching hockey games, especially my brothers. I used to go to so many hockey games it was crazy! The annual alumni game happened and it was great to see them back out on the ice again. I will say it was a little harder watching this game because it was so freezing cold in the rink and they played almost 6 full periods. My brothers were on the same team but never got on the same line.



 We also spent some time together and went bowling on New Years Eve.We got a couple games in and I think the guys are still surprised that I dominated the first game.  Our family has got a little skill when it comes to bowling. Nick picked up his game the second round for the win, and Kevin needs to go more than once every couple of years with me.

The boys and I for the last couple of years meet up with Grandma and Pappap and have some lunch. They are always real funny lunch conversations and topics. It is so fun to spend that time with them when we are all home together. One thing that never fails is that we laugh a lot. Anyway, after lunch Kevin and I went to a pawnshop because we had never been but watch the show Pawn Stars all the time. We went and looked and came out with the decision that it is just like a thrift store. 
 

On my last day we all got in the car and the boys drove me to the airport. On our way we had to make one more stop at Sheetz! It is more than just a gas station, and anyone who has been to one will tell you the same thing. I love their spicy chicken sandwiches but with it being early in the morning I went with my second favorite the schmagal!  It was magical! Sheetz you never disappoint.

Sledding with DAD

After it snowed a ton dad and I decided to get some sled riding in. We bundled up and headed to the back yard. The first couple times down was just making a path and packing the snow down. After we had a nice path we were flying down the hill. The fastest we determined was on our stomachs but you could feel every single bump when going down that way.



The Diamond with MOM 

One night we just decided to get pizza for dinner so mom and I ran into town to pick it up. I wanted to stop and look at the light first so we walked around. I miss going to light up night at the end of November, I used to go as a Girl Scout and help with light up night. One year I had to dress up like a Thin Mint. Now I just come back to visit and see if it ever changes, and it doesn't.





 My awesome Parents!
While I was home I brought some school work with me. I figured I would have some time to sit and cut out some flash cards for my kiddos. Well I didn't realize how many there were until they were finished, about 1200! My parents cut out all but about 12 of them which I did. They rocked using the paper cutter! They say sometimes they feel bad they can't help with anything in my classroom, well that was enough for this year! Maybe I'll take another big project home over the summer or next Christmas :) 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment