Saturday, January 12, 2013

ERIKA

 I have this weird thing where I have 2 best friends named Erica and Erika. People get confused when I talk about them sometimes. But Erika has been on a mission in Tacoma Washington for the last year and a half and that feels like forever that I haven't seen her! Well she came home right before Christmas and I wasn't able to see her in PA but she is going back to BYUI so she flew out and stayed with me. Her first night my singles ward had an activity at a skating center and so we decided to go. We had a blast on bounce houses and roller skating. It was just so good to be with her again!


On Friday night we went to the famous Cafe Rio that everyone would talk to us about and how good it is. Since moving to Utah I have been there a couple times but Erika knew she needed to try it. The sweet pork is what they are famous for as well as the salads. I will say that both are very very good and I think Erika was satisfied. Although all the talk you hear you think it should be made of gold, but it is still good.


 After dinner we had to go shopping to pick a few things up for Erika at school. First of all if you know Erika you may know that she is obsessed with blankets and pillows. She has to sleep with about a million blankets and the perfect pillow. She had the blankets covered but she needed to find the perfect pillow since it would not fit in her suitcases out flying here. So of course to find the perfect pillow you have to try them out. I will admit that I encouraged this, and she found a great pillow. 



 After shopping we drove down to American Fork to meet up with someone Erika was on the mission with. We decided to go to Denny's for some hot chocolate. Well let's just say that I found out it was endless cups and I really had nothing to do while the 2 of them talked. These are not all my cups, but I did drink about 6 of them, and by the time I was done I think people may have been wondering what else was in there. Just lots of caffeine and chocolate!



 We also stopped at this fountain outside the library that they freeze in the winter and turn into a skating rink. It is super sweet and so are we!


 The next morning we got up and drove off to Rexburg so I could deliver my dear friend. Unfortunately I woke up pretty sick and it was a little miserable. Luckily I was able to fill the first part of the trip with stories from the last year. Then I had to have Erika take over the driving. She got us the rest of the way and we found her new house. It was extremely weird being there with her and not moving in with her.  But she got all  settled in while I napped. 

Then we went out shopping. The last semester I lived with her she found a rocking chair at DI for super cheap. As we were eating dinner at Wendy's Erika decided she wanted to check DI just to see what they had. Well as you can see, she found another rocking chair and it fits perfectly in her room. I was glad that she was so happy about it!


 Since freshman year Erika, Erin, and I have been roommates. It was one of those weird friendships that was just so strong! lol I found some of my favorite roommates my first year at school. Anyway we have had some real good times, then this summer Erin went and got married! She was also back in Rexburg just this time not as a roommate. She still came over and we hung out for a couple hours and talked about life and just everything. It was really a good time with just the 3 of us again. 
And believe me the good times do not stop here, they will continue!

 This was actually a rare moment I was sitting up and not under my heating blanket! Dang you sickness! I actually drove home and went straight to the doctor and found out I had some nasty strep throat!

The wonderful lonely drive back to Salt Lake! Luckily not many people were on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment