Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful November

I know November is not over yet, but I will continue to update throughout the month.

With it being the month of November and Thanksgiving I want to dedicate the whole month to things I am grateful for. I also wanted to do this with my kids at school, so we made a paper chain to Thanksgiving. Each strip of paper was given to each student who then wrote something they were grateful for and each day as we count down, we read what they wrote. My kids love it!

This is all my time though...
November 1- I am grateful for my best friend in the entire world who I truly love like a sister (cliche, I know). It is her 23rd birthday today and wish that I could celebrate with her, but just so she knows how much I love her! Happy birthday Rica, Geeka, Erica!
November 2- I am grateful for a wonderful dad who taught me all the right things growing up and he is one of the reasons I turned out to be such a wonderful woman! Thank you, I love you.

November 3- I am grateful that even without any sisters I have an older and younger brother whom I also love very much. I love that any time I go home we can pick up where we left off and joke and laugh and have such a good time together. I also really really love our sibling bonding days that have become a tradition!
(mom I have not forgotten you, but you have to wait til your birthday!)
November 4- I am grateful for my health that I continue to have so that I do not have to ever go to a hospital which scares me! I am getting better at fighting off sicknesses that my students love to share with me!
November 5- I am grateful for the job that I was able to receive right after graduating in the field I was searching in and the area. I may not love my job yet but I am thankful for being employed and the help I receive at school especially with my hard students.
November 6- I am grateful for the college I was able to attend and being able to come out of 4 years almost debt free. The school was amazing, I gained friends for life, and teachers that truly cared and still do. I truly loved every minute at BYU Idaho!
November 7- I am grateful for my student teaching placement I had in meeting wonderful people and teachers. I am grateful we created such a relationship that they are still willing to help me know. West Karns your teachers rock! Thanks Peercy and Gomez, Green, Roberts, Norton, Bunk, and so many others for teaching me what it is like to be a truly great educator!
November 8- I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. For the opportunity to practice the religion of my choosing freely. I love the knowledge that I have of why I am here, what I am doing, and where I am going. It also helps me on a daily basis knowing I am a daughter of God and I am loved!

November 9- I am grateful for a wonderful set of grandparents who make the best homemade cards when i need them the most! I could go on and on but my grandma can out eat your grandma! My Pappap can fix anything better than your Pappap! I love to Skype with them and getting random text messages and voicemails!
November 10- I am grateful for a working body and mind. With that body I am able to be active and play all the sports that I love. Today marked the end of flag football league and volleyball tournaments, even though my body hurts now I am grateful that I am able to recover!
November 11- I am so grateful for all the people serving or have served in the military. In 8th grade I did a presentation on my Pappap and I still remember it 9 years later! I am grateful for my cousin Mike who is Honduras right now as well as my old friend Chloe who is in Afghanistan. As well as everyone who put their time in. Thank you again Pappap, Dan, Mike, Taylor, Kaitlin, Chloe, Brendan, Jimmy, Lanell, Tyler, Jordan, John, George, Drew, Stan, and Peter many more that I am probably forgetting. You have my support and constant prayers for you and your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment