Monday, September 3, 2012

Sweet Summertime (part 2)


 Just Fishin'- Over the last couple of years I have really decided that I enjoy fishing a lot. So my dad is off on Monday's so he suggested we get up early and go fishing! That sounds like a great idea to me! We set off with our tackle boxes and fishin' poles and headed to Keystone. We fished for a couple hours and the running total ended with me at 6 and dad 4. It took him a while to catch up, but I took the better spot so I can't brag too much. 

If you aren't someone who listens to country music then shame on you...just kidding but then you might not realize that Just Fishin' is the title of a song by Trace Adkins. Here is part of the song....

I'm lost in her there holding that pink rod and reel.  
She's doing almost everything but sitting still. 
Talking bout her ballet shoes and training wheels, and her kittens. 
And she thinks we're just fishin'.
I say Daddy loves you baby one more time,  
she say's I know, I think I got a bite.  
An all this laughing, crying, smiling, dying here inside is what I call living
An she thinks we're just fishing on the river side
 throwing back what we could fry,  
drowning worms an killing time, 
nothing too ambitious she ain't even thinking bout what's really going on right now  
but I guarantee this memories a big one  
and she thinks we're just fishin'
With me loving country and all, this song was playing in my head all day. It was perfect that we got to spend that time together and I could turn it around and say that "he (dad) thinks we're just fishing" but really it was memories that were created of us spending the day together and talking about his past when he would go fishing and canoeing with Pappap and all their adventures.  Even when we were done fishing and packed up and went home the fun did not stop. Our neighbors have a polaris ranger or something like that and so we went on a ride through the back woods behind our house. I had never been that far up the mountain back there and we got to a spot on the top where you could look over and see Ligonier. It was such a beautiful sight to see. 




 Seriously I love Ligonier and living there with so much beauty all around!
 Growing up these are what I thought mountains were...man was I wrong!


Oh yeah...there is a reason you must be a certain age to drive. I learned to never let a 5 year old drive me anywhere. He told me he was a really good driver of that thing and I figured as long as we didnt got far and anywhere near the road then we would be ok. He took me up on the hill and tried going over these massive mulch piles, he got us stuck and then hoped off and ran away. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or be concerned so I laughed.  Oh Lane!


Amish country USA- My mom wanted to go to visit the Amish one day to shop around and see this new town that we have never been too. I knew it wasn't going to be good when driving there I got stung by a bee! But really it was a lot of fun walking around the little shops and seeing everything that is homemade and very elegant. Usually my favorite stores are the furniture ones because they have the most amazing things made out of wood!
 Oh yeah start churning that butter! I had a teacher in high school that churned her own butter :)
 I thought this was interesting how the Amish start preparing food for a wedding a year in advance, that is some crazy planning.
 Just another day at the post office
 This is one of my favorite cities to pass and see signs for because it the place is called Home. Home 8 miles :)


Mini golfing- my family thinks I'm crazy! First of all my family is pretty big into miniature golfing. My dad played some growing up and both my brothers think they are professional (not really). But needless to say they are all three pretty good, Then there is my mom and I. We put in a good effort but usually fight for fourth and fifth place. Rules are always followed and rarely do we allow mulligans. Anyway my mom thought it would be fun for my last night in town to go play some golf. I love when we do stuff like this and she was right it was a lot of fun. About halfway through the course I asked if everyone knew what there happy dance was for when they got a hole-in-one. This is why they think I am crazy, they all just looked at me and said no. So far up to that point no one had gotten a hole-in-one but some were close. Then Kevin got one and I was so excited I was hoping to see a happy dance but I got nothing. And then for just a single second he did a little move and I begged him to do it again so I could take a picture but he refused. He was the only one up until the 18th hole, out of no where I was not expecting it but BAM I got a hole-in-one and you better believe I showed my family me dance. They may or may not have been embarrassed to be seen with me, but if they aren't used to that by know then they may never be :) If you are wondering how it turned out in the end....Kevin came out on top like usual, followed by a tying score between Nick and I!!!! then my dad behind us by one point and last came my mom! It was a ton of fun the whole night!
We are such a good looking family! I love them

She may have had a hard time skipping over the crick, but it was a good effort
Look at that form!


Pirates Game

 So far this is the first winning season the Pirates have had in 20 years! But games are always fun to go to...even if it was 107 while we were sitting in the sun for the first half of the game.
 This is a famous Pittsburgh Sandwich called Primanti Brothers sandwich. Pretty much instead of the coleslaw and french fries as sides they are just piled on the sandwich too.
 My brothers and I all have the same shoes Nike Free's and they are so comfortable! Not all the same color but same brand.
 One of my favorite parts of the game is in the top of the 7th inning when they have the perogie race!

 I love my brothers! It was a good sibling night and I am lad that we usaully get one every time that I come home. Those are usually some of my favorite times at home.




Virginia Trip
My best friend Erica had a wedding to go to in Virgina and so I went along so that I could get to know her boyfriend better since I am rarely home to really know him. We had a fun weekend gallivanting around Maryland and Virgina. We went to a lot of the museums in DC which was alot of fun. While Erica was at the wedding Jeff and I saw Spider Man and then had a nice little adventure driving around in the car. Needless to say it is hard to drive without headlights.
 This is for real....Frying Pan road.
 This is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in! The place was crazy awesome, but there is no continental breakfast but we could pay $15 for eggs...no thanks.



 National Air and Space Museum. We may have museum hopped all day because most are free and all have air conditioning and with it being 106 outside we really needed to be inside. It was not the best day to be walking around looking at monuments.
 Got dinosaurs?

 HOPE diamond!
 I did this when I was in Ecuador and I was successful!

 one of my teachers growing up let us play this game and I loved it! 24
 Original Ruby Red Slippers

 One of the responses on the board was that woman should just stay in the kitchen! I really hate that some people still think that or at least think its funny.



 KERMIT THE FROG


No comments:

Post a Comment