Sunday, July 15, 2012

From Quito to Coca

When we landed in Quito and were leaving the airport and were stopped at a red light. There is a kid dancing in the street. I love the things people do for money around here. This kid doesn't dance to music but lays out the moves in the middle of the street and he moves from street to street whichever one has the red light. I found it so interesting but I didn't have any money to give him.
Instead of pop or water, the complimentary drinks they gave us on the plane was apple or peach juice. This was the start to my experiencing many new fruit juices including...pineapple, peach, apple, blackberry, passion fruit, orange, mango and many others.


I don't know why this was the baggage claim at the Coca airport and it was just a window in the side of a small building where they rolled up the bags a few at a time. This was a very small airport!

I could not wait to start my Amazon adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment