Sunday, July 15, 2012

Back to Quito

Thursday June 21 was my last day in Cuenca. I was really sick that day and almost missed my last morning shift, but suffered through it and went anyway. I was glad I went because from it I learned the utensil dance! One of the workers was playing it and teaching the kids a dance and I started to get so into it and Jaydynn and the other girls ended up joining too. The kids then got more excited about it after seeing us and catching on. The workers there seemed thoroughly amused by our dancing and it was sad that we started it so late in the day because shortly after we had to leave. Jaydynn and I memorized the dance and went back to the house and presented it for some other girls during lunch. It's a good thing we are all crazy in that house and with the kids because it makes everything so much more fun!

I wasn't ready to leave Cuenca or the children yet but I knew that I didn't have any more money to stay longer. I kept telling myself that it will not be the last time I am here, but in all honesty it probably was. Although telling myself that made me feel better. I had come to love so many children so quickly in the orphanages, how could I possibly just leave them like that and think about never seeing them again. Those were the worst things to think about. Also I was excited to eventually come back to America but I knew once I got back my life would seem less important. How can you go from making a difference in so many lives and constantly serving children all the time for a couple of weeks and then leave and try and go back to everyday life where I sleep in and play and only think about myself all the time?

 Kira and I getting ready to head out of Cuenca and on to Quito for round 2 of adventures.
The first time I had to walk out on the runway to get on the plane I was so confused because I was in the airport and the lady told me to go to gate 2 and when I got there, there was no plane. Luckily I watched some guy walk out a set of doors and I just decided to follow him. We had to walk along a path and around a side of a building and the all of a sudden out popped a plane. I might not have been able to find it on my own, but that was the first flight, now I am an expert at flying in Ecuador!


Peace out Cuenca
hopefully we will be reunited someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment