Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ali Daugherty

November 22, 1989- October 27, 2013

Dear Ali,
From what I can remember we first became friends in 4th grade Mrs. Hurt's class. We went to Amy P's house or Olivia's house a lot for sleepovers and it was always a good time. There was one night though that you slept over at my house and my mom too up to Giant Eagle for some snacks. We decided to try Flammin' Hot Cheetos, which was not a very good idea at the time. Luckily my mom was smart enough and suggested we get an ice cream bar too just in case they were too hot. We got back to my house and we were choking because they were so hot and I just remember stuffing the ice cream in my face to try and cool it down. 
I am not sure why that memory has always been so vivid in my memory, maybe because I ended up loving those Cheetos! 
Fast forward 2 years when I met Erica and I found out that you two grew up together and once again we became pretty good friends. The 5 of us girls were together all the time on the weekends. You were always so loud, you had legit conversations when you were sleeping, you hog tied Niko Givinangalo! We were thrown in the pool countless times, corned many houses, had our own little Christmas party every year. We sat in the nook every morning before school started. You and Liz cheered, while Erica and I were mascoting. We dominated Powder puff football. 
There are so many memories that I hold on to from when I was growing up, from those who have passed and those still around that I don't see anymore. You were definitely a part of my life for many years as we grew up in little old Ligonier. 
I am proud the woman you became too after school. I was always excited to see pictures of Kendyl on facebook or instagram. I only met her once but I could tell what an amazing mother you were. I know that your family will raise her and take good care of your little girl and always reminding her of her amazing mother. 
Between Adam, Megan, Brandon, Alex, Zack, you, and others, I hope that someday Ligonier will stop seeing so much death in the younger generation. I pray for peace for all the families, but I can see how a little town comes together through each one. 
Watch out for us Ali, I know where you are and that for some reason the Lord needed you there more than here. I will see you again someday, and until then this is not goodbye, but see you later. 

Love,
Megan












No comments:

Post a Comment