Saturday, February 9, 2013

Learning to Snowboard

I can't believe that I forgot to blog about this wondrous day! I learned how to snowboard! Last year when I moved to Utah I learned that January is learn to ski/snowboard month and there are some really great deals. I did not have any friends last year to go with so I never made it last year. I was determined to go this year and luckily some girls girls joined me for their first time as well. Nicole and Liv and I drove up the mountain and the first thing I noticed was how great it was to get out of the polluted air in the city! The ski resort was high enough up that we escaped the nasty air.


We started on the very basic small bunny hill and I was struggling a bit trying to figure out how to toe and heel, but I started to catch on when we then started practicing stopping. The first hour I could hardly concentrate because my feet hurt so much in my boots and trying to keep my knees bent so they wouldn't hurt so bad. After a while it either got better or I forgot about it.


This was after we all got off the ski lift and were waiting to go down out first mountain ride.



We successfully made it to the bottom once without dying so we rode back up to try it one more time before leaving. I love that this girl came with me! I also love that we are still friends after so many years!


The second run went a lot better and I felt like I totally got the hang out of! I even learned how to turn as I was zig zaggin down the mountain instead of stopping and having a hard time flipping my board over on the ground. Also as I was going down the mountain and flopping around the first time, there was an older man on the chair lift above me with a camera and shouted down asking if it was my first time! After telling him yes he told me not to worry because I can always remember it by the youtube video he was making of me! That sure boosted my confidence. I still have not found it so no one can see me making a fool of myself.

After a long exhausting day on the slopes!



No comments:

Post a Comment