Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Loving the Outdoors

I love being outdoors and I love hiking and camping. Some of my favorite things I have done outside include...
  • biking with my family at Ohiopyle
  • Kayaking at Ohiopyle
  • Beams rock 
  • White water rafting down the Youghiogeny River
  • Caving in multiple places
  • Backpacking through the mountains (half a day in a severe thunderstorm without my poncho and sleeping in a wet sleeping bag)
  • sleeping in lean-to's 
  • Hiking Rock Canyon in Provo
and who knows what else!

Mostly I like nature and all the beautiful things around me as I am walking through the woods or going down a river. a couple of weeks ago I went hiking for my first time in Provo and my hike was no where near the same as all the times I have gone in Pennsylvania. I know that the areas are different just by looking at the huge mountains versus the rolling hills and the dirt and sand compared to trees by the thousand. I enjoyed the hike I took with my Egan girls (ok Nicole really is and Ellis now) but I was able to compare that landscape with people who understood where I come from! Lets just say that I have found that I prefer hiking in PA versus here in Utah. I did love going up high on a mountain side and being able to look out over Provo and then watch the sun set behind another mountain, and in PA there are just so many trees you would never be able to see all that. But I love the scenic view as you are hiking along a trail and are able to enjoy the flowers and plants and trees and animals.





1 comment:

  1. hey I love you and I also love your post about student teaching. Its always scary for the little el ed students. Now your all big and pro I'm proud of you =)

    ReplyDelete