Thursday, October 6, 2011

We are Chastened out of Love

The scripture that my entry is focusing on today is Doctrine and Covenants section 93 verse 1, “ Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you whom I love, and whom I alove I also chasten that their sins may be bforgiven, for with the cchastisement I prepare a way for their ddeliverance in all things out of etemptation, and I have loved you—“

I wanted to pick this activity mainly because of the very end, “I have loved you’. There are many instances that the Lord shows and says how much he loves us and I love those scriptures because even if at times I can’t feel my Saviors love, I am still reminded that He loves me and always will.

In D&C 105:6 it says, ‘And my people must needs be chastened until they learn obedience, if it must needs be, by the things which they suffer.’ We have been given our agency as we came down to this earth but when we dedicate our lives to Christ and becoming perfect, the Lord is there to help us stay on that path. He must chastise us in order to get his point across that what we are doing is not right or not good for our eternal welfare.

Elder Christofferson in in April 2011 General Conference says, “Our Heavenly Father is a God of high expectations. His expectations for us are expressed by His Son, Jesus Christ, in these words: “I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect” (3 Nephi 12:48). He knows what is required, and so, to make our transformation possible, He provides His commandments and covenants, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and most important, the Atonement and Resurrection of His Beloved Son. I would like to speak of one particular attitude and practice we need to adopt if we are to meet our Heavenly Father’s high expectations. It is this: willingly to accept and even seek correction. Correction is vital if we would conform our lives “unto a perfect man, [that is,] unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ” (Ephesians 4:13). Paul said of divine correction or chastening, “For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth” (Hebrews 12:6). Though it is often difficult to endure, truly we ought to rejoice that God considers us worth the time and trouble to correct.”

I think what Elder Christofferson is saying here sums up what the Lord is trying to constantly tell us. We must be important to our Father in Heaven if he takes the time to correct us each and every day.I know that my Heavenly Father loves me enough to correct me and let me know when I am not doing things that are aligned with his gospel. I know that through this last conference the spirit spoke to me how strongly my Heavenly Father loves me and he is there for me always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment